1. One of Stakers missions is to contribute and create a safe environment for its players where betting and games are used only for the purpose of entertainment. In this regard, Stakers has implemented the latest and best procedures to keep game play safe and to avoid underage gambling.
2. Gambling is a form of entertainment enjoyed by millions of people and many gamblers play without experiencing any problems. However, some people can become addicted to this type of entertainment.
3. While the majority of our players use games for fun and entertainment, sometimes, players can become addicted to betting or playing games of chance. Losing an amount of money which a player cannot afford to lose due to the urge to gamble can cause problems in all major areas of life: psychological, social, physical or professional.
4. Preventing compulsive gambling is challenging and might not always be possible, but counselling has been proven to have a major positive effect on people who are prone to compulsive gambling.
5. Stakers aims to put in place social responsibility procedures to prevent gambling abuse and the proliferation of compulsive gambling.
6. Just as with alcohol or drugs, people can get addicted to gambling. Having a one-time losing streak will not change your life style but losing sufficient amounts of money on regular basis indicates signs of compulsive gambling. Problem gambling causes disruptions in any major area of life: psychological, physical, social or vocational. It usually begins in adolescence in men and later in women.
7. This behaviour usually progresses from occasional gambling to habitual gambling. The urge to gamble becomes so great that the tension can only be relieved by more gambling. Higher stakes and personal risks become involved, as well as neglect of other interests, family, and work.
8. Prevention of the urge to develop addictive behaviour is challenging and may not always be possible. Counseling may benefit people who are prone to compulsive gambling or other addictive behaviour. People with close relatives who are compulsive gamblers might be at higher risk and should be especially careful.
9. Take a look at these questions and see whether they apply to you.
10. If your reply to any or some of these questions is in the affirmative, you are urged to ask for help or contact one of the following:
11. Stakers endorses a policy of responsible gaming and seeks to address this problem in a number of ways:
12. In accordance with this Responsible Gaming Policy and in compliance with the Gambling Commission's Remote Technical Standards and LCCP, Stakers also has a facility whereby a player can limit the amount that a player may deposit, stake or lose over time:
The website homepage incorporates a link which gives the facility to:
13. A player may request a freeze period on their account which cannot exceed six (6) weeks. During the freeze the player’s account will be closed for the specified period. A player may wish to withdraw any funds from his account before starting a freeze period. Any balance on player’s account will not automatically be refunded once a freeze period has started. Following the end of the freeze period, a player’s account will automatically be re-opened.
14. A player may request to be self-excluded from playing with Stakers.
15. A self-exclusion request can be made via the Stakers website or by e-mail [email protected] or by telephone +356 3550 0220
16. On receipt of a self-exclusion request, Stakers will immediately take steps to remove the individual from its marketing database.
17. A player's account will be closed and any funds in the account will be returned.
18. The minimum temporary self-exclusion period is 6 months. During this period a player will not be able to reactivate an account under any circumstance. Self-exclusion may be extended for further periods on request. These further periods must be of at least 6 months but no more than 1 year and can be extended for up to 5 years.
19. At the end of a self-exclusion period, self-exclusion will remain in place for a minimum of 7 years unless the player takes positive action to gamble again.
20. Following the end of the self-exclusion, if a player genuinely feels that he is in control of his gambling and is ready to reopen his account, the player should contact Stakers Customer Service team by telephone on +356 3550 0220 who will be able to provide advice about the process. A 24 hour cooling-off period will apply before the player will be permitted to gamble again.
21. Stakers will not give any form of credit to players or any form of loan.
22. In regards to the underage gambling Stakers does not allow anyone under the age of 18 years to register or play. Stakers will request proof of age from any account holder where automated age verification cannot be completed and will carry out checks to verify the information provided. Accounts will be suspended and funds withheld until satisfactory proof of age is provided within 72 hours of registration.
23. Should a player have minors in the household or should there be a possibility of minors accessing player’s computer, the player is advised to use child protection software on all of players home computers to block gaming sites to be accessed by minors. There are a number of third party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access to the Internet.